Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Curb Appeal.

After three years of being homeowners, we have finally finished landscaping our front yard! I sure feel like a 'real' grown-up to be planting bushes and flowers that I actually know the names of. :) It just killed Cole to cover up the "best grass" in our yard, but it was worth it! We originally planned to use steel edging because we just love the way it looks... Have you ever priced steel edging??? Yikes! Instead we opted for a heavy-duty plastic edging. It's actually made for containing stone patios, so you can bend it into practically any shape you choose. It was so convenient and much more affordable than the steel, too. Here are some pictures of our handiwork:




8 comments:

  1. That looks great! It all takes time...we've been here almost 10 yrs and I still have places in the back yard to tend to...someday...

    Had beautiful weather this weekend at the lake. Our new boat runs great! Was so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh la la, what fabulous curb appeal! I don't even have the slightest idea what steel edging is...I envision something scary so the heavy duty plastic edging looks marvelous :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! P.s. Your grass really looks great!!! With Carl being gone, I always forget to water it...he's going to be so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front yard looks fabulous! Have you done the backyard also? We just did some gardening this weekend too, how funny! Its almost done, except I'm holding out until I can find a peony to finish off the bed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our back yard is "doggie land" with little hope of ever having nice landscaping. It's all we can do back there to keep the grass alive and green! Ha! :) I LOVE peonies, Rebekah... they're blooming all over Manhattan right now, and I'm trying to figure out where I can put one. Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks awesome--- Happy Anniversary-- love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice...well done! Want to come to my house? - Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)