Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Great news!

I should probably be writing a blog post about Christmas or my resolutions for 2010... but those posts can wait! Yesterday we found out that my little sister got into dental school, and I am about to burst, I'm just so excited and proud of her! Jess has been accepted into Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona, after a few long, stressful years of waiting. This was her second time to apply at Midwestern; she interviewed last year, too. So after this most recent interview a few months ago, she had been trying very hard "not to get her hopes up." After visiting several different dental schools, Midwestern was actually Jess's favorite, mostly because they're a very new, state-of-the art campus.



Her experience applying to dental school has given me a whole new perspective on professional school. For many people, it's really a terrible waiting game. Applications are due in December (I think), and those on a waiting list could find out that they have been accepted as late as a week before classes begin in August. So for anybody who applies more than once, it can lead to years of waiting. It hardly seems fair... stressful, to say the least.

I'm so proud of Jess for knowing exactly what she wants and for staying the course! She is an intelligent, beautiful, strong woman, and she'll make an excellent dentist, too! We are SO looking forward to vacationing in sunny, warm Arizona! Mmmm. That especially sounds nice right now - this has been such a bitterly cold winter.

Congrats, Jess. I love you so much and couldn't be more proud! :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Amanda. I am very fortunate to have such a supportive family. I am especially lucky to have you. You have always been (and will always be) someone I look up to, and it is a great feeling to know that you are so proud of me. I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS to Jess!!! That is so great :) I wish her all the best as she begins her adventure in dental school. I am sure she will do amazing!! You are such an awesome sister to be so supportive and proud...I can just tell you are genuinely beaming with pride for your little sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo exciting! We've all been rooting for her at my office. I know she'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)