Tuesday, November 11, 2008

#36: Turkey Trot & Kids Gobble Jog

The first-ever Turkey Trot is complete! Whew!

Over 90 people registered for the trot, with about 72 adult finishers and 12 Gobble Joggers in the kids event. It was a first for Rock Springs and hopefully it won't be the last! Unfortunately, the weather wasn't as sunny or calm as forecasted; there was a chilly breeze. The trees were pretty bare from windy gusts earlier in the week... Hopefully next year we'll be able to have some colorful fall foliage for a more scenic event. We had lots of positive feedback! Runners are a resilient group - the cold weather didn't slow down our turkey trotters - we even had 12 register on the day of the event! Here are some photos of family and friends trotting throughout Rock Springs. Thanks for your support everybody!!!


Paul and Cole.


Jess - lookin' good!


Almost finished!

One of my favorites... :) Mom and the in-laws.
I'm pretty sure this is when she was telling an
embarrasing story about my childhood. Yeesh.


Announcing the winners. I hate speaking into
a microphone. Yuck. "Not it" for next year!

3 comments:

  1. I'm IMPRESSED!! Nice work! Still sad I couldn't make it:( hopefully next year will work out! Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Amanda! Great Job and each year it will be better than before. Yep, I agree, I am sure your mom had a great story from the childhood going on there!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)