Monday, October 27, 2008

When technology fails us...



Amanda's Stats:

Overall Place - 2128/3493
Division Place - 292/511
Sex Place - 1028/2058
Net Time - 2:14:07
Pace - 10:26

Cole's Stats:
Overall Place - 2805/3493
Division Place - 235/248
Sex Place - 1301/1435
Net Time - 2:28:42
Pace - 11:39

The look on Cole's face when he saw the "official race results" online was priceless. Evidently I beat him by 14 minutes... even though you can see us finishing side-by-side above. So much for those electronic chip thingies being accurate! (Ok, we weren't exactly side-by-side. I really did beat him, but to be fair it was only by a second or so...) I guess he'll just have to run another 1/2 marathon to prove he can run faster than 11:39 minute miles! Poor guy.

5 comments:

  1. Awe, that sucks! Usually those things are supposed to be pretty accurate. I think its great you did it together! I wish I had a partner to train & compete with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...sex place??? Yeah buddy, I'm gonna look into this long distance running stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's what it would take for you, huh? Think GENDER, not sex. Sorry to disappoint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well they should have labeled it OUTTA THE DUDES...and OUTTA THE GIRLS...and then I would have picked up on it. The 'lingo' was politically too correct. Miss you guys, hope all is well!!! See you at my sis's wedding????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)