Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ready or not?

Not. We are not ready. The half-marathon is Saturday, and our training has been pathetic. Don't get me wrong - we've been working out regularly. We just haven't been logging the distances necessary to build up our endurance. But Cole says distance running is "all in your head." Boy, is he in for a surprise. Hehe.. I feel totally unprepared in comparison to previous runs I've completed... 13.1 miles sounds looonnnnggg. Reeeeeaaallly long. This may, in fact, be my last-ever blog posting. By the time I crawl to the finish, my fingers will no longer be capable of typing. Worn to the bone, mere nubs. Okay, enough of this whining. I guess it's probably my own fault.

The real question is, Kansas City, are you ready for us?

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck! It's VERY long, but we all have faith in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Amanda and Cole! Enjoy your weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda - you'll be fine, not a problem!

    Cole, it's been a fun friendship. I appreciate all the times we've had. May you rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great Amanda! Just remember slow & steady, stay hydrated, and if you listen to music the time will go by faster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are awesome! I know that you did well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)