Monday, October 20, 2008

Hasta La Vista, Half-Marathon!

#53 is toast! We both made it - with all fingers and toes intact. Our finishing time was about 2:15, a little longer than Cole's original goal of less than 2 hours... I think he understands much better now that finishing is the goal! I wouldn't necessarily say that Cole enjoyed the run, but the overall experience was a good one and he was glad to have done it. When I asked him what his thoughts were, I believe the exact response was, "never again." I guess distance running isn't for everyone.

It's been said that marathons make a great metaphor for life. What a true, true statement. We conquered hills when I just wasn't sure my legs could take me all the way, struggled through intermittent aches and pains, whispered faithful prayers, shared frustrations and joys with each other, watched glassy-eyed as white headed men and women passed us by, celebrated the uplifting songs of live musicians, and kept going until the glorious finish line... It was worth every minute, just to reach the finish!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing! You both are just waaaay awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude...Dudette..., you guys ran for two hours...?!? Holy crap. Do your legs even feel back to normal yet Cole? Get a 'ruckus' and ride it next time instead of running...hahaha(reference my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! I once got Justin to run 7 miles with me (I actually didn't talk him into it...we just started running and I didn't stop!). I thought he might kill me...I'm quite sure a half marathon together would be out of the question. I'm impressed with you two:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Amanda! I'm proud of you guys! I'm getting ready to officially start my training for my triathalon...kind of scary. You're definitely my inspiration. So, when is the full marathon??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)