Thursday, April 2, 2009

#60: Breakfast in bed...

Number 60 is an item on my list that I've been dreading. I never thought I'd get it done... for several reasons. First of all, Cole is an early riser and a light sleeper. I am neither of those. So I knew that even if I made it out of bed before him, all of the clanging in our kitchen would surely get him up before I could actually bring him breakfast.

By some stroke of luck, I woke up early Sunday morning and I was wide awake, no chance of snoozing a little longer. Cole has been working long hours lately, so he was awake, but still pretty tired. It all went something like this:
A: Will you stay in bed for just a little while longer?
C: Sure. Why?
A: I need to check you off my list - would you prefer pancakes or french toast?
C: Surprise me. But I still think it's weird to eat food in bed.
A: Just work with me here... take a few bites and then you can get up. Don't move... I'll be back.
Now wasn't that romantic?! :)

6 comments:

  1. That's so funny and cute!
    Steve is always up before me on the weekends, sometimes hours before me, lol!! I think the only time I've taken him breakfast in bed was when he was sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo funny!! I seriously laughed out loud after reading your conversation! hopefully he enjoyed it, even though I'm sure he won't admit it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious!
    I LOVE my earrings! I've worn them ALOT already!!!

    Is it time for the lake yet?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee.. Your conversation is funny and so sweet! Boys are silly in their thoughts... but then again so are ours. We're all just a bunch of sillies. Anywho, the other coupons are the ones that come in the Sunday paper. You can also buy the "Early Sunday" addition on Saturdays (Keeps us from spending money on Sunday.)The second link on my blog shows where you can find a lot of the coupons referenced in the "shopping list". Hope that helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was romantic Amanda---- you must get it from your dad. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)