Sunday, August 12, 2012

Verona Part III: Piazza delle Erbe

Everything in Verona was pretty easy to find, thanks to excellent directional signs!
One of my favorite parts from our visit to Verona was our stop at Piazza delle Erbe. I really feel like I'm not giving this portion of our trip to Verona the attention I'd like - because we really enjoyed this area! Just yesterday we returned from trips to Venice and Rome with my parents, sister Hannah and our friend, Tonja... so I have much to catch up on! I've taken a little break from blogging during their visit.


Guidebooks said to visit Piazza Erbe because it is a colorful and lively square... and it did not disappoint! We stopped for a cup of fresh fruit and checked out various vendors in the piazza before wandering further along and stepping into a few churches in Verona. It's a great place to grab a bite to eat - the Piazza is surrounded by restaurants and has a beautiful fountain (The Madonna Verona). You can also see the Lion of St. Mark on top of the marble column at the far end.

Here are some of my favorite photos from Piazza delle Erbe:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :)