Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Showers!

What a busy, busy month it has been! I am feeling like one spoiled mama - just having finished up our third baby shower! She is not even out of the womb yet, and this child has everything she could possibly need...




First, my dear friend, Sabrina, threw a shower in Manhattan. It was absolutely adorable! Like any southern belle, Sabrina really loves to entertain. She made some delicious food and had such cute decorations and activities, too. The theme was a book shower - so we now have piles and piles of awesome books ready to read to our little girl! Sabrina also had onesies and puffy paint...

It was really fun to see what creative ideas everyone came up with. Her hubby, Ryan, just might have won the prize for best onesie! There was one leftover and later that evening he painted, "My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad!" Of course, Cole appreciated that one. :) So many friends came to celebrate - including a few I hadn't seen in years! My college friend, Tara, came from Topeka and Melissa (one of my childhood friends) drove from Kansas City - and we both cried when she left. I certainly felt loved and the weekend left me in happy, overwhelmed tears. I have been blessed by some fantastic friendships, and it meant so much to be surrounded with such wonderful friends!

Shower number two was at Cole's Aunt Kathy's home, near Salina. It was so fun to see both the Eilders and Hasker sides of the family, along with great friends from that area. Many of Cole's aunts drove really long distances for the shower - again, the weekend left me feeling so spoiled and extremely blessed to have such wonderful family and friends! And left Baby E's closet full of CUTE, girlie clothes!

Shower number three... yes, I said THREE, was in Winfield with family and friends. I have two of the best sisters anyone could ask for - and they went ALL OUT! :) More details to come...

1 comment:

  1. It was soooooooo good to see you and Cole last weekend! You look beautiful as always and we can't wait for baby to arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! :)